Mulch Bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TimberlandGrounds, Sep 30, 2003.

1. TimberlandGrounds

TimberlandGrounds LawnSite Member

New guy here, I normally only use the commercial lawn forum. I am bidding on a commercial job, a residential subdivision, for their mulch in each cul de sac. There are 21 cul de sacs in the sub, normal size. Any tips or suggestions on how to prepare this bid, or what would you bid it out for?

In general, I am thinking for a normal cul de sac, it would only take approx. 1.5 - 2 yards of mulch, agree?

2. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

3. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, give us the dimensions and we can calculate it for you. I use a program on my laptop to calculate everything (Mulch, bark, gravel, retaining walls, sod, seeding, edging, etc.) I just plug the numbers in and I get an estimate in seconds...Customers love it...I can show up at a job site and print them an estimate right on the site, in seconds. It's great!!!
  4. ccwmlw

ccwmlw LawnSite Member

Let It Grow
    Did you design the program yourself, or did you buy it?
  5. Let it Grow

I designed it myself. I couldn't find any software that did those things so I just designed this program in Excel. I love it! In the last few weeks I've started selling it to bring in some extra cash, hopefully I'll be able to bring in a good amount of winter income from it!
  6. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Let It Grow- is the program for just material pricing or all aspects of landscaping (mowing, pruning, etc.)?
  7. Let it Grow

Right now it just covers mulch, topsoil, gravel, edging, retaining walls, sod and seed. I will be expanding it when things slow down a little. I also put in a balance sheet & income statement, as well as a customer name & address form, and a handy form to print out & keep on your clipboard to keep your notes organized.

I have one on auction on Ebay right now, that has some pictures of the printouts, but I don't know if I can post a link to it or not.

Maybe a moderator can post a relpy and let me know if it would be against the rules to post a link to my Ebay auction?