mulch blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, Feb 17, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

There are quite a few co.s doing this in this area.

3. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

We subbed all our bigger jobs out the local express blower the last two years. It saves money in the long run.

4. kountryscape

kountryscape LawnSite Member
    from iowa

If i win the lotto i would get one of those bolling forest semis. it would be awesome to say the least to go threw town with that truck watching the faces on the compation as you go by. but i think you need a lot of mulch jobs to justify it. but still cool.

countryscape
    still mulchin the old fashion way

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They are about 1/2 the price that most of us are per yard. They have a min. of 4 yards.

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

is there a company that makes small mulch blowers that i could rent somewhere? I have a 30yrd mulch job to do and there are so manu shrubs and rocks a skidsteer wont fit in the garden. I was hopinh i could rent on that would maybe fit on my 16ft trailer....

7. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Finn makes a trailer mounted unit. I know a landscaper not far from me that bought one. I am trying to find a place to rent or someone closer that would have one to. They are slick but big $$$.

http://www.finncorp.com/barkblower.htm

8. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be interested in knowing if this thing and others like it feather the mulch out evenly enough out of the hose to produce a top quality job or do you have to have another man smooth each bed by hand after the mulch is blown on.

9. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Are you required to have a Dalmation riding shotgun when you drive that monster down the street???

10. lx665

lx665 LawnSite Member

I watched a mulch company use a truck mounted Finn unit. Once the mulch came out of the hose, they were done. No hand spreading or raking. The Finn unit does an excellent job.