Mulch Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Skolnick's Landscaping, May 26, 2001.

1. Skolnick's Landscaping

Skolnick's Landscaping LawnSite Member

Does any one have a mulch blower or used one before. I've been looking at different brands over the internet and recieving different information and was thinking it would make mulching a hell of a lot faster because they say they can spread up 15-30 yards per hour depending on bed plantings. I was looking at the tandem axil trailer mount unit because the whole truck assembly which holds 60 yards i was told is over $100,000.00 any info you guys know or links would be a great help thanks.http://www.finncorp.com/products/bark/bb605.asp

2. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

We own several custom built ez blowers. One has a ten yard capacity, the other is a twenty yard hopper. However, the truck and unit was over $100,000 for each. The smaller sized unit allows use in tight areas, but still allows a good amount of output per hour.

I think ez blower typically builds 60yd hoppers for a tri axles or tractor trailers.
    Try ezblower.com

We used to use finns, but found them constantly breaking and unproductive when mulch was damp or wet.

3. dhicks

dhicks Member

What was the price on the various trailer units. I sure could use one. I hate transporting and laying mulch but is a main stay in this business.

4. Skolnick's Landscaping

Skolnick's Landscaping LawnSite Member

i havent yet found out prices on the trailer units just been told about the triaxels which are over $100,000

5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd like to know what sort of prices folks have found on the trailer units as well.

On another note, shouldn't this be in the l/s forum? Just curious.

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Keep in mind that you need a bobcat or front end loader to load the mulch into the blower all day.

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

;) Just take it to the mulch yard.

8. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

When I was pricing out Finns 2 yrs ago they said that a 5 yd towbehind unit ran in the mid 30's. I too am thinking of buying one. Running to the mulch yd is the best idea if you do local runs.