1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 2menandamower, Jul 31, 2006.

1. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can find a mulch blower? I am looking to purchase a blower that I can set up and have maybe one guy feeding it and one on the hose end placing it in the beds. I have several jobs coming up in the fall and spring that I know it would save a bunch of time and money, since time is money. Also I have several homes that I will be mulching and they are on hills so it would make the work a whole bunch easier.... Thanks for the response....

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Big investment for just a few jobs. The guys that do it, do it full time. Find one of those guys to blow it in for you and sit back and take in 5-10% over.
    I have never priced one but I could easily see 100K for the rig. In my eyes not worth it if you are a grass cutter full time.
  3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you use truck mount leave vac type thing? I dont know if the blades would affect the mulch and in a good/bad way. In theory you could jimmy rig something up.

4. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Sub that out to a mulch blowing company. Those machines are WAY too much $$ unless you are doing the work exclusively.
  6. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al