mulch covers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willietd2, Jan 7, 2007.

1. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

can anyone tell me what company makes the chute covers for mulching

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

3. willietd2

from OHIO

thanks, i went on trimmer traps web site. they got some cool stuff but its not the one im looking for.i seen it in a thread on here but cant find it. the one im looking for is similar to the trap but has what appears to be small slits in it . if you know of any more please let me know. thanks, willie

4. JKOOPERS

you mean the dixie chopper one ?

5. willietd2

from OHIO

i dont know. im searching the threads again if i find it i will let you know. thanks

6. JKOOPERS

7. willietd2

from OHIO

bingo,its the advanced chute system . your a life saver,do you have any idea how many threads i been through? not to open another can of worms, but do you know which one is better?

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

If you want to mulch.... buy the factory mulch kit for your mowers.
    This will provide the results you want, save you money and frustration.
    You have to do more than block the discharge off to mulch.

If you want something to flip closed to avoid slinging clippings into a tree ring or something... then these covers are fine. Shut them a second while you pass by, then flip back open...

9. willietd2

from OHIO

thas all im looking for is to protect mulch beds and such.i could care less about mulching. thanks envy

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I know it isn't 100% professional but is it possible to add some heat and bend your factory chute to be a chute blocker when you need it. I did that with my 2 Toro chutes. A little heat, bending, cutting and welding and I have a functional solution. I even painted them Toro red after it was all welded up. When not needed they are held up with a bungee cord. I am not cheap and would buy one if I needed to mulch but I only mulch leaves and this works great for that too.
    (Now please don't hump me about not having a deflector chute)