1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch dealers in Mass

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by simsy71, Mar 31, 2003.

1. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Looking to see if anyone from Ma can suggest a good place to get mulch. Most places I have seen charge between 30-35 a yard.
  2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Bulk or resale?
  3. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

If you can recive bulk you could of got pure hemlock delivered for like $18 a yard show special at the masscon show.that would be a 100 yard min.
  4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want 100 yd trailer delivered, check with some saw mills in ME. Prices for 100 yd wholesale are from $8- 13, depending on what you want.
  5. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

I use Landscape Express in Woburn. For the most part I use red cedar mulch and they have it for $27 a yard. I think Hemlock is about $30 a yard. it's convenient for me because it's close and they also take yard waste so I can usually make just one trip.
  6. DerikL

DerikL LawnSite Member

There are a few places in Bridgewater that deal in bulk mulch. Bridgewater Farm Supply on Rt 104 and I believe the name of the other is McKinnon Landscape Supply on Rt 18. Hope it helps!
  7. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the info. I just moved to Norton from Wilmington. I have been working for someone else for about 5 years and finally decided to do this on my own. One man crew but I do it part time. Spring cleanups have been keeping me busy.
  8. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I get my mulch at J&J Materials in Rehobeth Mass. There is also a sister store in Bellingham. Price range is $24-35 dollars a yard. I bet you could buy in bulk from them.