1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch em, Bag em, Here in WI. we BALE EM!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by MOW ED, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Would it be safe to say that many people in that area dont pay for fall clean-ups??? I know I would be racking the leaves to the curb myself, and setting up some lawn chairs to watch the action.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

wow that is quite different. Most surrounding municipalities here just use huge tarco leaf loaders. that is an intriguing idea. If you have the time, id like to see the mpeg as well.

3. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

4. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

my city uses large large cat front end loaders with a sort of claw on the front loaded into large mack dump trucks. Then pelican sweepers go up and down the streets. It is a quick process and they cant use stuff like pictured above since trees, bushes and other yard waste are all dumped at the curb.

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of farmers around here use that type of baler for hay and straw. A Town near here uses a round baler for leaves, same idea but smaller unit.

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I just watched the video, I must say that it is pretty sweet. I may have to forward the videos to the university ground manager here at the university. As it is, they have one groundsmaster with a front mounted blower. They blow the leaves in an area into a pile and then later, either a 1 ton dump and leaf loader comes along and gets them or a Kawisaki mule towing a 5*10 homemade leaftrailer and leafloader come get the leaves.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Official "Land of Cow Chit and Beer Pharts"!

J/K I have a hat that says that!

Cool Idea!

9. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Dont dis the Great State of Wisconsin :D :p Its cool PACKERS RULE:angel:
    Well ive seen that type of equipment on farms down this way in
    southeastern part, but man alive talk about big equipment for leaves and brush. :cool: Looks like they hired some farmer to bring that Case tractor in and the bailer lol, but it looks like its the town workers doing the work for the most part.
    What a operation though :)
    Matt

10. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member