1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch em, Bag em, Here in WI. we BALE EM!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by MOW ED, Nov 13, 2002.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

My e-mail is supra852@wi.rr.com or contact@cclawnservice.com . Sorry
  2. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Thats awesome can you send me the video? bigair4me@comcast.net
    hey alarsh thats not supra like the boat supra in your email is it?
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

ED--that was my question...was it basically a hay bailer. my farmer cousins bale hay that way.

municipal worker are the worst to complain about too much work and not enough work...usually in the same sentence.

GEO :D
  4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome..Around here everyone blows the leaves to the curb then the city comes by pulling these big leaf vac trailers and sucks them up. they hold a lot but its a slow process.
  5. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

From where I sit, thats a pretty neat tool to use, and its effective too, if you think about it, its less expensive to do this because they're moving quicker and clearing more leaves per hour than a leaf vac could pick up.
  6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thats pretty cool
  8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

That Hesston baler their using cost around $60,000 new.
  9. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

We used to put ours out on the street and the county would come and pick them up. We used to have the best times in the piles. When have 10 foot tall forts and stuff it was awesome we'd have tennis ball fights across the street and then as we got older it became a "foam pit" and wed fly off jumps and do flips and land in them its was soo much fun.
  10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

my only question is is on the baler is there a different collection area like for haye it is thin metal rods that spin the hay into the machine but i would think the leaves would fall through