Mulch hauling...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by BUCKEYE MOWING, Feb 29, 2008.

1. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Gentleman ...We are looking to box in a small (6.5x12) open landscape trailer for mulch hauling. We need a small trailer that can haul 5-10 yards at a time and go house to house on small tight streets. Please post any pictures or ideas you have . Thanks !

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

^^bump^^^^^

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

maybe look into getting a small dump trailer...

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

thought about it...just trying to do something low budget to use equipment that we already have..

5. Raven386

from CT

yea, they are a bit of money lol. I put 4 yards of mulch on my trailer. (I will try and find the pic) it fit fine on the 6x14. if i had wood going around the openings i couldve probably fit another yard or so.

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

We are thinking of using 3/4 in. plywood and making it 4 ft tall all the around the trailer and that should get us 6-10 yards...I just want to see someone else's ideas and construction techniques.

7. Raven386

from CT

i cant remember if this was 4 or 5. ......trailer had no problem hauling it at all, but with sides we couldve probably fit 2 more yards if not more...

100_4130.JPG

100_4127.JPG

mulch.JPG

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Where we purchase mulch 5-10yards would be to heavy for a 6x10 trailer single axle I am assuming? IMO get one larger trailer

9. EA Quinn

EA Quinn LawnSite Senior Member

its going to be a big stretch for you to get 5-10 yards on a trailer like you are talking. I had a double axle u-dump dump trailer and only got around 5 yards on it.

10. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

here is my trailer. 6 x 12 with 4' x 3/4" plywood walls. We could get 5 yards if the mulch was dry. That was usually pushing it weight wise. We were able to use it for brush also. Best part about this set up was being able to push the barrow into it. Less clean-up at the end. I am now selling this and going with a dump trailer. hope it helps.

DSC_0222 (Small).JPG