Mulch Hay For Sale!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dirt Digger2, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i dont know where to put this so its going here...we got 1500 bales of mulch hay for all you guys who do new seedings...it would have been $4 per bale horse feed but it got rained on so you can't feed it. I guess our loss is your gain. Its super dry and will do everything straw will do.

anyway...we're looking to get $1.75 per bale. The hay is located in West Bradford township PA. NO we wont sell anything less than 30 bales...we have 1500 and need to move them ASAP.

PM me or call...first come first served...can deliver but would prefer not to, as my work schedule is just too booked 610-721-9423

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

just a question, how large are the bales?(LxHxW) i am planning a trip near your area next week bringing some stuff out for family, i'll have the trailer, and might be interested in bringing some back with me for a few jobs i have scheduled.

3. what kind of grass is it. Here they are getting $4.oo per bale you pick up out of field, there isn't any hay here this year.

4. Dirt Digger2

from PA

they are your standard hay bale...i guess a foot wide, 2 1/2 foot long, a foot high...we have them sitting in the field now in a big pile.

we didnt want to waste fuel or money putting them up in the barn since its not feed hay so i need to move it as fast as possible before it rains this Thursday i believe they are calling for...anyway i have 1200 sitting in field and another 300 sitting in a pole barn so if i still have the 300 (which i will sell last) i will let you know...but again i am trying to get it out of my field and into someone elses hands before some punk kids think its funny and torch it like they have done before, or before it gets rained on.

5. Dirt Digger2

from PA

JB1 its a mix of orchard grass and cannary grass with just a litte alfalfa but that is irrelevent now because its no good for feed hay anymore...just mulch hay

6. Dirt Digger2

from PA

i need to move this stuff...i know theres local guys out there...make me an offer

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd be interested if your willing to deliver... i could probably take at least 500 to 600 off your hands... pm me and let me know...

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

come on you guys know youre buying it for anywhere from $5 - $8 a bale anywhere else

9. Dirt Digger2

from PA

haha thanks tom...Ram T dont want it so now i'm really screwed...we have it under tarps now but its still in the field, no sense in wasting time or money putting it up in the barn.

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Bump for ya, if i were closer, ide definitely take up on that awesome deal that can't be beat. I know i could absolutley load my trailer, bring them up here and resell no problem but it's just not feasible right now. If some ppl. around here all wanted in on it, ide make the trip for a full load, but, just the amount i could use it wouldn't be worth it..............ive always wanted to be a farmer or work on a farm and driving back with a full load of hay bales would be pretty sweet :)