Mulch in February?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JonLawn, Feb 3, 2014.

  1. 205mx

    205mx LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,371

    Are HOAs not considered commercial ?
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  2. whiffyspark

    whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 6,119

    I don't consider them commercial. IMO they are a class of their own. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  3. 205mx

    205mx LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,371

    Yeah, no kidding!
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  4. Wilbanks Lawn Care

    Wilbanks Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    Posts: 35

    We start in February and try to have all our mulch and straw completed before grass cutting starts.
     
  5. dathorpe

    dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 459

    We just put down 48 yds. Brown dyed just prior to 18 inches of snow being dumped on us. 95% of it went down easy. The other 5% was frozen clps that had to be chopped up with digging shovels.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  6. dathorpe

    dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 459

    Thats the key for everyone.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  7. Weezi1

    Weezi1 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 7

    We're hoping to get mulch down mid April here in Toronto. Used a slinger truck last year for the first time for 20 yards. It was great, just point and shoot. lol.
    Curious as to how much to charge based on per yard installed. I can get a yard of most types of mulch loose for $40-$50.

    :canadaflag:
     
  8. whiffyspark

    whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 6,119

    You guys got to Remember if you use dyed mulch it's going to fade earlier if you mulch now
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  9. 205mx

    205mx LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,371

    I pay $28 for black, I usually charge about 75.

    1-2 yards 95
    3-4 yards 85
    5-8 yards 75
    9-12 -70
    13-15- 67
    16+ -60

    That's done progressively too. So if someone gets 9 yards
    2 @ 95
    2@85
    4@75
    1@ 70
    Total 730.

    I does sometimes come in lower for example a really easy spread.

    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  10. 205mx

    205mx LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,371

    That "I does sometimes" was a total typo, my bad. Read: "it does"
    Posted via Mobile Device
     

Share This Page