Mulch in Northern Ohio

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by snap12.5, May 1, 2005.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Is there a place around Akron, Cleveland, Canton (besides Mulch Makers) that will deliver 40-50yds for a good price for double ground hardwood???

Or is Mulch Makers the only one???

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

where you at I might be able to help you out

3. BZB_Helpers

BZB_Helpers LawnSite Member

kurtz bros or three-z here in valley view.

4. snap12.5

from Ohio

i am in akron

5. snap12.5

from Ohio

thanks, i will check them out

6. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Use mulch makers it is quality mulch nad they really treat me good. Thats probably because I have bought a **** load of mulch off the I buy 100 yrds at a time. it works out pretty good. I have some deliverd to my shop in hartville and load it with our bobcat. Mulch Makers is the way to go!

7. srk1378

srk1378 LawnSite Member

What kind of price are you paying at Mulch Makers? Down here, a nice double-ground is going for around 15.00 if you buy it in bulk. Just curious as to what the price difference is.

8. snap12.5

from Ohio

i usually buy anywhere between 5-30 yards at a time so my discount may not be as substantial as those that buy 100 yds at a time plus i dont have anywhere to store the mulch so i just have it delivered to the site.
    but anyway, at MM u can get a one time deal where u get 40yds delivered to one location for $12/yd. after that i pay around $19/yd delivered for anything over around 8yds.

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

JW horvath, $12 a yd delieverd 5-8 yds at a time, take over 30 and its $10 a yd delivered and thats traveling 50 miles to deliever at those prices. If you like to pay in cash the price goes down! Dark double ground hardwood. He's in the book in Akron

10. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

is that a business, or just an individual?