mulch in nw CT

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by richallseasons, Mar 8, 2006.

1. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

hey guys, anybody doing business in NW CT? I am looking for a source for black bark mulch , my normal supplier New England Bark Mulch only does brown,red and play-scape in need 15 yds so bags are not an option.I also don't want to get a hold of any shipped up form New Orleans area.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

TJ Bark Mulch in Southwick, Ma. has a Spruce mulch that is finner and darker than the normal Pine mulch.

3. richallseasons

thank you ill check them out

4. richallseasons

T.J. is not exactly what im looking for.anyone else get black dyed mulch in bulk in nw ct

5. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Dont Freak Out about Termites Formosan termites would not live up there

6. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

Try These Guys, I Was There On Friday And They Have Awesome Stuff.ecr Is The Name And They Are In Danielson Connecticut And The Material Is "mint" .call Derek At 1-860-428-9911..they Have Black ,red,hemlock ,brown ,grey You Name It They Have It .i Sat And Watched Them For Atleast An Hour And All They Put In The Machine Was Pine Logs ,no Stumps No Garbadge Or Crap And To Top It Off The Yard Is Organised And Very Clean..

7. richallseasons

yes the more i read about those termites the less of a concern they are,the media sent out some bad info (go figure) now I'm more concerned with just finding the black mulch i need.thanx for the reassurance

8. richallseasons

ill give him a call see how much they will whack me to go across the state,thanx

9. Wing 97

Wing 97 LawnSite Member
    from CT

CT bark mulch has dyed bark/wood chips. They are located in Enfield CT.

10. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

rich, let me know if you find that mulch,ive been asked in the past for it, but i couldnt find it!!! also nice job at the bank this year, you kept it really clean this winter..