1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch in Tulsa

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by luckydooley, Mar 28, 2008.

1. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering where the guys in the Tulsa area are getting mulch? and what are you paying? Thanks

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Hey luckydooley, you can get the free stuff at the green waste dump site at 56 st north and 169. But if you want the good stuff, I have bought pallets of mulch from the John Deere Landscaping store at 121st and Yale. They sell the larger bags (3 cu ft) and I want to say it was about $150 for a pallet (44 bags) of pine bark mulch.

3. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

Hey thanks I will give them a call. I knew about the free stuff, but didnt think my customers would appreciate:)

4. grassyguy

grassyguy LawnSite Member

I just recieved a mailer about a local company selling cedar mulch. 50 bags for 100.+tax. Even will deliver for 20. Says they will bring buy a sample for you to see. It is at 222 s. Memorial. The bags are supposedly 3 cuft. I am going to check it out on Monday. PM me if you want the phone number. The name is Sertoma Shop.

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Thanks for that info Grassyguy...I'll have to check that out.