1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

mulch installation price?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rookiemower, Apr 15, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you charge for mulch to install it? I can get premium dark hardwood mulch for $25-35 a yard. the guy im installing it for is my neighbor, and he will probaly get me alot more jobs so i want to give him a decent deal.:)

2. scott in the soo

scott in the soo LawnSite Member

when pricing mulch i double the cost and that is what i charge the customer...

here in the soo pine mulch runs around 23.50 (canadian), so for example if i was installing 4 yards of mulch, I would charge 188.00 plus g.s.t of course.

3. culand

culand LawnSite Member

All mulch prices is different.

We charge for ceder mulch >> $ 25. to 45 a yard . Cost $10.00yard.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

first of all, if you're paying $25-$35 a yard, you're gettin humped. second of all, minimum of $65 a yard, installed, is a decent price.

5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

32 a yard of hemlock and installed its 80-90 a yard.

6. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Dlandscaping, My Price just went Up :)

~JB

7. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

ya man you can get the mulch for that price maybe cheaper but i kind of live near chi town and thats what i get it for and just double it . be reasonable on the discount but don't short change yourself.

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

me too, I 2.5 x it

9. culand

culand LawnSite Member

Prices up North may be higher, and people my pay the higher price for your mulch ,BUT not here .

The going price is $25. to $35 a yard and every landscaper charges this price . So what can I do , I have to go with the flow or lose the job! :confused:

I look at your Prices and wish We could Charge this amount, but in the Two small towns around the area , we can't.
    CULTURAL LANDSCAPE
    culturscape@aol.com
    Landscape and Lawn Care

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

then i wouldn't do it. right now i pay about $12 a yard for nice double shredded root mulch. i charge $65 a yard .