Mulch installation pricing/profit

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by greatlawns, Sep 12, 2006.

1. greatlawns

greatlawns LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Hey, just wondering how much everyone thinks is fair to clear as a profit from a mulch install job. I'm wondering on jobs ranging from 5 yards to 100 yards, what you all think is a fair profit to make. Does your percentage change based on how large the job is, or do you try to keep the profit margin the same?

How do you charge for mulch? One installed price per yard, or price the job as a whole including labor?

2. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

We do $67 and on berms $46 by the semi load.

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

We get 70-80 per yard installed depending on the mulch. This includes cleaning the bed and edging. Pretty standard around here.

Some discounts for large quantities, no edging etc.

4. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

$80.00 a yard delivered. $105 installed, plus $1.00 per foot cutting the beds open. Must have put down about 90 yards this summer. I'm lovin it.:laughing: :canadaflag: :canadaflag:

5. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

WOW you guys have nice prices. But what is your cost on mulch though?
    My cost for bags is 22..00 per yard and the average price here is 60.00 per yard.

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Buy in bulk for your bigger jobs more profit.:clapping:

7. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I buy in bulk at $19.00 per yard and install for $75.00 per yard on most jobs

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

We are buying at 18-22 for most per yard. Large bulk orders drop down to 15 per yard. I buy from a manufacturer in town.

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we keep our margin the same...
    this keeps up competetive and makes sure we keep an eye on the bottom line.

10. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

With the prices listed on here I don't really even want to say my price. I know i am not underbidding myself and I am way below those prices.

You guys are making a killing on mulch, I wish i could do that here in st. Louis.

I will however say, some companies are installing for under $35/yd.