1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Job Help!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Bears Lawn Service, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Bears Lawn Service

Bears Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Were doing an estimate on 5 beds to mulch. Three beds need clean out and the other 2 just need mulch. We estimated 16 man hours and around 225 bags of black mulch. Granted these hours include everything from picking up material to finishing the job. We get mulch at $3.39 a bag also. Is $2500 sound right for this job just curious? Also just me and another guy doing it.

2. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

16 man hours total, or 16 hours for each man to work (32 man hours)?

If 16 hours total, then, yes $2500 is a good profit.

3. Bears Lawn Service

16 man hours total

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I charge double the cost of the mulch plus the hours it takes to weed. Unless you have an awful lot of weeds to clean up your price sounds high to me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Are these beds in terrible shape? Is there overgrown trees in the beds? Do some of them have to be cut out? Exactly how many yards are you estimating for?

6. Bears Lawn Service

It's 2 different yards there old house for sale and the new house they moved into
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Bears Lawn Service

There not in to bad of shape there's a little removal . Two of the beds are pretty large
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

2 guys, one day and around $700 for materials... I wouldn't be able to charge that, in this Market...

9. Bears Lawn Service

I'm not sure if I can etheir. So maybe around $1800?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Thanksman

Thanksman LawnSite Platinum Member

Im curiose as well. whats the measurments of the beds???? How deep is the mulch going to be? Why bags???