Mulch Job

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by kemmer, Jun 18, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Rented this for a mulch job we did this weekend, worked out really well. Did a bit of grading at another job site

IMG_0243.jpg

2. kemmer

truck didnt sag a bit :weightlifter:

IMG_0244.jpg

3. kemmer

Back Hoe worked well for pulling out some stumps aswell

IMG_0245.jpg

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Are those signs on your truck magnets?

How big was the mulch job?

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Gosh, musta been a whale of a mulch job - How many yards? - How much is it going to cost to repair the ruts in the lawn? New construction?

Anyhow, lets see some pics of the machine in action....!

6. kemmer

it wasnt a huge job, 17 yards, but loading wheel barrels by hand is always a killer on time. we also had to grade out 6 yards of topsoil at another property.

jameson- NO RUTS!! :) i was really happy with it. established lawn too

ALarsh - yes they are magnets

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I am starting to think that a small loader back hoe like that would be handier than a skid loader, being able to travel across turf (if its not too wet) with out tearing up the whole world. The small back hoe for smaller projects. Have never used a mini ex.

I rented a similar unit a couple of weeks ago for a project, it sped the whole project up.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

A mini backhoe like that is good. If you might not need saomething quite that big, check out a Toro Dingo compact skid. JMO

9. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

How much did it cost to rent? Did it come with the trailer or did you have to borrow it or do you own it?

10. kemmer

Yes it was very handy, im looking to buy something large like this in the future and im debating what would be more usefull, something like a kubota tractor/backhoe or a skid steer. For this job the tractor worked perfectly.

It came with the trailer which was nice because i had to move it from job to job, other places deliver which is a pain and costly.

This is the best part, its only $165 for a day $495 a week, its a steal. and i got it from a home depot thats near me.

Ive also rented a machine similar to a dingo. It worked ok for the application but it was slow. If this tractor could interchange attachments it would be amazing. also the mini skid couldnt lift alot. also it was a bit more expensive.

machine2.JPG