1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Job

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 93Chevy, Oct 21, 2007.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

This is my first major mulch job...not perfect, but about the best I could do without anybody showing me the proper way to much. And yes, it is rubber.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Any suggestions how to improve my work?
  3. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Maybe use the large rocks across the bottom of the hill. That mulch over time will walk down the hill with heavy rains and so forth. Is there anything under the mulch such as fabric? Maybe space some shrubs across the hill to add color and soften the black a little. Other than that the mulching looks fine. How much did the material cost for the job?
  4. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

the job looks good ..was the mulch expensive also like the other guy said , mulch will move down and make a mess..but besides that it looks good. customer happy ? thats all that matters ...........
  5. Ron Marston

Ron Marston LawnSite Member
    from Maine

looks good yes som srubs would look better !
  6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I forgot to mention that this at my house, not a customer's. I was using this as practice. Which means that dad was the boss:hammerhead: No, there is no fabric under the mulch, and dad doesn't want any shurbs on the bank. Dad's insistant that because it's rubber, it won't wash down. I love my dad, but I wish he'd let me work my way. :dizzy:

What about placing deer netting over top to keep it from washing?
  7. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

Looks alright. Nothing you can really do to improve it, its not the fact that your unskilled, its the fact that you have really no options, or anything to work with. The rubber is going to wash down soon enough.
  8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

The mulch was about $95 a yard and there's 8 yards. Total cost was about a grand, with mulch, rocks, weed killer, edging, etc.
  9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

looks good...never used rubber mulch...only suggestion i would make is clean up down bottom along the road all those weeds and debris it will make your job look 10 times better
  10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe I'll do that this weekend when I get home... Sure stinks not being able to do any work in the evenings. :hammerhead: