1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Job

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kylecal91, Apr 8, 2010.

1. kylecal91

kylecal91 LawnSite Member

Going to be giving an estimate on a mulch job. The guy wants 12 yds. of mulch, no more no less. Just wondering what you guys would charge to do 12 yds. I will be cleaning out beds and edging as well. (he wants a quote with and without edging...) Just curious to see your input.

2. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

charge him an arm and two legs (with edging)
    arm and only one leg (w/o edging)

3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

90$ pr yard , wait what kind of mulch
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. stephen424

seriously speaking...charge an hourly rate for cleaning out the beds and edging. so how ever long it'll take you to do both.
    then charge your hourly rate for each yard of mulch. if your rate is $30/hour...charge $30x12

depending on if you know the guy or not...upcharge the mulch, maybe. since it's 12 yards, i'm sure you're having it delivered.

5. TMAC

TMAC LawnSite Member

am i bustin my azz? cause i charge average 35.00 per yard spread, sometimes 30.00 if the piles close to beds + flat property or 40.0 if its a large yard or up hills.or lots of plantings. with a wheelbarrow i average 2 yards per hour by myself upwards of 3 for the right property. so do the $30x12 but hustle and do it in 6 hours not 12 jmo not downing anyone whos slower paced http://www.lawnsite.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

6. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

$90/ yard installed and $ .75 per linear foot of edging.

7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Whhoo I was right. ||. /\ that's a strange name for a company!

30$ per yard!??!?! What if the mulch costs 35$!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. stephen424

no no no...
    i'm just talking about the labor rate @ $30 per hour. not mulch + labor!!

if i know the person, i charge $30/hour for labor and $32/yard of mulch

so, total, $62/yard spread

9. kylecal91

kylecal91 LawnSite Member

The price will be for 2 guys working, I don't know what kind of mulch he wants I think he had black so that's 29.00 per yd, I will be delivering the mulch myself I can get it all in 2 loads and the place is right down the street.

10. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

dyed mulch for me is $60 yd installed, $50 yd otherwise.........$.50 linear ft. edging, and hourly for bed prep