Mulch Jobs!! Wanna See Yours!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by L&C Lawn Care, Apr 8, 2014.

1. L&C Lawn Care

L&C Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey guys! I am doing a pretty large mulch job this next week. It will be a relatively easy job, but I wanted to search out some ideas to "spruce" up the job a little bit. Would any of you guys care to upload some mulch jobs you are doing/have done in the past that you really liked?

Anything you guys do that might help me? Any tips? I'm all ears. I would love to learn as much as i can.

I will upload before/after pictures once I am finished. I just wanted to see some jobs that some of you that have been in the business longer than I have done on the past. Thanks guys!! :waving:

2. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm subscribing, doing 9 yards of cedar this week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. L&C Lawn Care

Wow that's awesome man..I have done mulch jobs in the past but I just created my own business. This is the first mulch job I have gotten...hoping to impress them. Hoping to have plenty more soon!!

4. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

Make sure you smooth the mulch out with a leaf rake after spreading it with a tine rake.

5. PA GrassChoppers

PA GrassChoppers LawnSite Member
    from PA

Looking forward to seeing the pics

6. vallz

vallz LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

The bigger the wheelbarrow, the better! Have 30 yards to put down over the next week and a half!!

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Just rake it over after you spread it. Make a nice edge where needed.

That's pretty much it.

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

We always pat it down with a leaf rake flipped over.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am doing 30 bags of all bark ceder. It is the most expensive stuff that is around. Retail is 7 a bag. But it does look great!

10. L&C Lawn Care

That's awesome...I am doing a relatively large job. 120-150 bags. Its died black mulch. I am pretty stoked to do it though because it is a relatively easy job and the property is beautiful. that always makes it a lot more fun!