Mulch Jobs!! Wanna See Yours!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by L&C Lawn Care, Apr 8, 2014.

1. L&C Lawn Care

L&C Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Anyone have any pictures they would like to share?.

Here are some (Just for fun) pictures of the mulch I just picked up. Its all ready to go!

2. Grasshackers

Grasshackers LawnSite Member

We are doing a 20 yd job this weekend black dyed, all new edging. Im super excited to get the guys out working. Hoping the weather holds off tho.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

We have 100 yards to put down at one of our condos this coming week, I'll post some pics when were there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. vallz

vallz LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Just wondering, but why are some of you guys using bagged mulched instead of bulk? For me, bulk is cheaper for my clients and a lot easier to move plus then I get a contractors on bulk!
  5. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

For smaller jobs it saves time and money in the long run. no clean-up, no delivery, no shoveling. Anything over 3 yards and I buy bulk
  6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

You got a blower for that right?

We had one place i worked at that took over 200. They brought the blower just for it.

It had a 50 ft retaining wall we had to climb down a ladder 25 ft and blow the first half in lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. L&C Lawn Care

L&C Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am using bags for this job because I am doing it myself. I gave it a lot of thought and I decided that I would rather use the bags. Where I am doing the job it is actually easier for me to use them rather than a wheelbarrow. I also am not losing anything by going with the bags through the greenhouse I buy my products off of.
  8. FireLTMower

FireLTMower LawnSite Member

I laid down 30 yards solo last week by hand. Have another 9 tomorrow and 5 on Friday. I'll be glad when it's done!
  9. gardiner

gardiner LawnSite Member

After edging with a spade 4 inches deep . then i will use a string trimmer along the edge to give it a sharper look .then i leaf rake up smashed down grass . picking up anything that got into the lawn taking everything towards the foundation of the house . maken the bed smooth picking out any leafs . then i spread the mulch . then i wll fluff out. any humps and bumps. with the back side of leaf rake . then i will slightly pushing the mulch in from the edge . and then leaf rake out the wheel barrow tracks picking up any debri in the lawn
  10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic