Mulch kit for 48 metro

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lenster, Nov 11, 2005.

1. lenster

lenster LawnSite Member

Hi

I posted this thread yesterday and it did not get on the site?
    I wanted to know the price of a much kit for a metro 48. I thought they go for 149.00!
    I just purchased one for 185.00!
    I called three dealers in my area, prices were the same!
    I also wanted to know if I need to put two spacers between the blade and the underside of the deck for effective mulching?
    I normally cut at 4" (tall fescue) all spacers on top of the deck. If I add the spacers the cutting height will be reduced?
    Am I correct in this spacer settup!

Thanks
    Lenster

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hi Lenster,
    Our suggested list price is what you paid.
    Blade spacers between the blade and the underside of the deck creates optimum mowing performance. It creates more vacuum or lift with the blade being spaced further from the deck. It can perform without the spacers, but that will be your call to decide.
    Thanks, Brian

3. lenster

lenster LawnSite Member

Thanks for getting back Brian.
    I will try mulching with the spacers first and see how it does.

Lenny

4. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I have a new Exmark XS 31hp 60" deck w/ the standard mulching kit/blades. WOW!
    I used it today to make leaves dissapear and boy do they ever! Best system I've seen....ever. I decided to test it out to see just how many leaves I could make disappear, so I took it to my father-in-laws, who has two feet of leaves in his yard, (actually 16 1/2 inches because I measured for the purpose of testing). the deck pushed them a little they were so high so I had to back up a few times to get them all sucked under the deck. A direct quote from him (father-in-law) says it best, "where the hell did they go, what the hell does that thing do with them, they just....dissapeared"! And he ain't shuckin' ya none either! Greatest thing since sliced white bread!
    >>>NO SPACERS<<<