1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mulch kit for exmark TTHP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by casey, May 20, 2001.

1. casey

casey Guest

Just got an Exmark 36 TTHP. Wondering about mulch kit. What kind of blades come with mulch kit? Can I use Atomics? Dealer says blades come with mulch kit but are they good mulch blades? If not can I get kit without blades? Would rather use atomics if I can.
    I want answers dammit!
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I don`t know about the atomic mulching blades,might try them out though.I have a 48 tthp with mulch kit and it works great.I have not had any problems with the mulching blades,although they are a bit harder to sharpen.The blades come with the mulch kit.you could possibly buy the parts seperatly, but you would probally spend a lot more than just buying the kit.
  3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

the blades that come with the mulch kit are very good in my opinion. i'm gunna try doubles on my mulch kit and see how that works out.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The blades are designed for airflow movement to make the clippings disappear. You can try other blades, but I bet you don't get the same quality.
  5. casey

casey Guest

Thanks for the info.
    I'll try Exmark's blades. They just don't look like they can mulch like the atomics.....