Mulch Kit for Fastrak 54"

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by osueric27, Nov 8, 2012.

1. osueric27

osueric27 LawnSite Member

I am looking for the part number for the mulch kit that fits my Fastrak 54"

Model# 930115
    Serial# 11081672

Thanks!

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

(1)108197 plus three (3) blades 797704

Brian O

3. hustlermidwest

You could weld it on but I've found that makes it tough to take off. :)
    It's a bolt and play system.

Brian O

4. osueric27

osueric27 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info Brian, just wanted make sure I could put this on myself. Also, I have heard the wavy blades are a good option. Any feedback on that? Which blades are better, hold an edge longer?

5. hustlermidwest

When it comes to blades their popularity changes with the climates. With the Mulch kit low lift blades are a must. The wavey style is where I would start. Some people have had luck with the Gator style blades, gators are at least worth a try as a back up set.

Brian O

6. RSNovi

RSNovi LawnSite Member
    from MI

Is a mulch kit worth it on a lush lawn in Michigan? I was recommended against the mulch kit and let the Hustler Fastrak throw the clippings.

7. hustlermidwest

I'm a fan of mulching when done right. There are limits to the concept of mulching and I don't care what color machine you have if you go over those limits you'll get clumping. In the midwest I like mulching after fathers day. My grass grows too fast and I don't have the time to keep up with it. I wish I could because I throw down fertilizer down in April. When the grass grows so fast I bag it and tack a lot of my money with the grass. If I mulched I would send the fertilizer back to the soil.
    I also have a lot of maple leaves and the mulch kit makes the go away in the fall.
    If you are unable to stay up on your lawn in the spring I would suggest start off with a bagger or side discharge, then add a mulch kit later. they are just a bolt on kit.

Brian )

8. RSNovi

RSNovi LawnSite Member
    from MI

Sounds good. Thanks for the tips. I have been debating on the bagger. I'll have to check on the price. With my lawn tractor sometimes I really wished I had a bagger.

I am currently waiting for the machine to come in.
    Posted via Mobile Device