1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Kit? for Lazer HP! Brian and others!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TrpD345, May 8, 2006.

1. TrpD345

TrpD345 LawnSite Member

I currently have a John Deere lawn tractor style mower that has a 38" deck. I bought the Tricycler mulching kit that John Deere sells for their lawn tractors and I have not been pleased with it at all! It has alot blow-out from the trim side as well as the discharge side that is blocked off by the kit. My question is how good are the mulch kits that Exmark sells? Are the decks made to handle the mulching? Is blow-out going to be a problem? I am very interested in the Lazer HP 50" 23 hp. It would be 90% personal use, mowing about 3 acres total in 3 diiferent locations. Thanks for your help!
  2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have owned three exmarks with mulch kits. You will have a little blow out, but the performance in outstanding!
    I believe the new decks have an adjustable baffle that would most likely eliminate any blowout.
    If you buy an exmark or any other commercial grade mower, it will be the last mower you will ever need to purchase.