mulch kit on a 737

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman33, Jul 10, 2003.

1. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

Hi,

i'm looking to get, in the close future a JD 737 54 or a 60". I would also like to put a mulch kit on it. Does anybody have any experience with this mower and the mulch kit? what kind of results are you getting from it? The guy told me that they don't make a discharge shut off for the JD ZTR. Is this true? I thought I see one in a catalog they went on all types of ZTR's

Thanks for the input.

Steve

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I only have experience with Boeing 737's. :D

3. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, when you use a Boeing, you don't have to have a seperate blower either! :)

4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

hi turfman. I just got a new 737, dont know about a mulch kit. sorry. But i love mowing with mine. Seems alot of guys here dont like JD:(

5. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

I don't know about the ZTR JD's. I did purchase a mulch kit for my HD45 and have been very happy with it (once I ditched the stock mulch blades and put on a set of gators).

6. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

I put the mulch kit on my JD 737 54". It helps keep grass clippings out of beds since the mower really throws clippings out a great distance in open chute mode. In really tall grass cases have cut twice to make sure no clippings show.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a mulch kit on my 757 60" deck. You'll like it, does a great job. But don't plan on taking the thing on and off, its a real pita to do.

8. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I have been very pleased with my 54'' 737. I got the mulch kit also. It does a great job, sometimes requires a second pass as said, and they do come with a discharge plate. good luck