Mulch kit on Bermuda?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lonnie, May 8, 2004.

1. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

I just got my 37" Hustler WB and was wondering if I should try the mulch kit. The bermuda here in Oklahoma is really thick and wasn't sure if the mulch kit would do the job. I haven't used the mower yet, can anyone tell me how they mulch in general and how good they side discharge. I have done searches but there doesn't seem to be many posts about them.

2. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

Lonnie i live about an hour and a half south of you and i have tried to mulch. I have found it so much easier to bag. Unless you can stay on top of every yard. And with our weather you know it changes so much you might get backed up because of the rain.

But i do not have a hustler.

3. lonnie

I try not to bag unless a customer really insists on it. Side discharge has worked ok for me and the toro I have. Just wondering if the hustler would do a good job mulching. I hate bagging. I have one customer left that insists on bagging.

4. brizine

brizine LawnSite Member

Kinda off topic but I am looking at getting a hustler 37 also and was wondering how much and where you got it? I am in OKC too.

Thanks Brian

5. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

I mulch everything year round. You should not have too many probs with your weekly customers. However anyone that you cut every 2 weeks, you will need to cut twice to better disperse the clippings.

6. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Lonnie

OKC here, Try using the mulch kit or try it with gator blades see which you like best.

Please let me know how you like the new mower as i am in the market for something very similar or IM me and I will give you my cell # and come check it out if possible.

good luck

Gene

7. lonnie

Thanks KL. Brian, I had to drive to lincoln nebraska to get my mower it was a 2002 with 200hrs and I paid $2600. Seemed like a good deal to me. I think you can get a new one for $4400 at Sooner Dist. List new is around $5200 or so with the bag.

8. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I cut bermuda, zoysia and few fescue residential lawns with a hustler 37" with mulching baffles and gator blades, I think it does a great job.

9. Lawn Cops

Lawn Cops LawnSite Member

I cut several really thick and fast growing Burmuda, and Zoysia, lawns and almost always mulch, Never any problems and it looks like it was bagged. Just make sure your blades are really sharp.

10. lonnie

Does anyone know how much the mulch kit is for it?