1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mulch kit VS. OCDC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Movinfr8, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

on the 36 I have used the mulch kit with Gators since I got it till last week, when I had to cut some overgrown grass and am VERY impressed. I used it on a client's yard with heavy Bermuda, and double-cut after replacing the mulch kit, and it looked better than ever. The problem, it takes a while to put the mulch kit on and off. I can't possibly do that all the time. How would it compare to using a controlled discharge chute ? would it mulch without a lot of clumps when closed?
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It will clump but if you leave it open a little its faster then mulching.
  3. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

Well, I have cut the front yard as many as FIVE times before to reduce clumping, thankfully it is a cove lot and a tiny front yard. The guy piles on the fertilizer, and it looks GREAT but grows like crazy!! Also, he has always bagged, and didn't believe I could mulch as clean as bagging till he saw what the tri-vantage deck could do!!
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Try taking the baffles out, leaving the mulch blades on, and the chute closed.