Mulch kit?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cajuncutter, Aug 15, 2006.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I have a part number and would like to know what it is. It claims to be a mulch kit but does not fit my 54 inch deck for my Shortcut. The number on the box is 325894.
    Inside the box are 4 pieces. The following numbers for each piece are:
    326637 Side Plate
    326611 Right Mulch
    326603 Center
    326637 I assume Left side

If this is not the correct part for my deck and is for something else what would the retail price be so I can move it out of my garage? Of course I would sell it for less than retail.
    Caj

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

My research shows that this a mulch kit for a 54" ShortCut deck.
    There were 2 different kits over the years, this is the older of the 2, the newer kit part # 344929.
    I believe the kit you have is for the older style deck with the deck pins welded on and not replaceable, are you trying to put it on the newer deck with replaceable deck pins?
    Let me know.

Pj

3. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Well I have 2 decks but both have replaceable pins. The 99 deck that originally came with my shortcut is an older version compared to the 54 deck that Lonnie sent with the Hog. The one that came with the Hog had the built in or welded in flat metal along the front edge to cut down on the blow out of air (dust and debris). My older original deck has a hollow void in the front of the deck and I have to get a kit to cover that. Anyway I was considering putting this on my old deck but it doesn't seem to fit. It seems the kit that is on the newer of the 2 decks works for the original. With that said I am sure this kit is probably obsolete. I probably couldn't get someone to even pay the shipping on it. If you happen to come across someone that needs one I will make them a deal. It pretty much just takes up space in my garage.
    Caj

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That sounds about right, the decks did change over the few years of the ShortCut.