Mulch Kit

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jhsmith4, Sep 12, 2007.

1. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I installed a mulching kit on my 60/28efi XR7 deck. I removed the angle brackets as per instructions. Now I have blowout in front of the deck. I have heard of kits to remedy this problem, but seems the Hustlers dealers I deal with are unaware of this. Can you help me?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is a anti blowout / air containment kit we recommend with the use of mulch kits and catchers that will help greatly with what your experiencing.
    Post your serial # and I will give you the correct kit #, or e-mail me for a quicker answer.

Pj

3. L.A. stumpjumper

L.A. stumpjumper LawnSite Member

I bought a fastrak 20/54 in July and got my mulch kit put on yesterday. I tried it out today. Within 5 min. the mower and me was covered with debris. The lawn just had a 1/2 in. rain, so it wasn't because it was dry. The debris was blowing out the front left side right in front of the left baffle. So I remove the left baffle leaving the center baffle and the right discharge cover. This time the debris blew out the front but in front of the center baffle. If they have something to prevent this I would appreciate knowing about it. I really love the way the mower mows, but don't really think I could do much mulching, especially when the leaves start falling. I would really appreciate any help.

4. jcbahr

jcbahr LawnSite Member

PJ, I recently purchased a 54" SuperZ, 27hp K with the XR7 Deck. I also had my Hustler dealer install a mulching kit last week and it works great. However, there was additional blowout. I tried to order a blowout kit, but I was told Hustler didn't make one for the 2007 SuperZ 54" deck. I wish I had been told this by the Hustler Rep before I purchased it. Any suggestions?

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Are you running mulching blades?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We offer one, we call it a air containment kit now.
    Kit, Containment 54" XR-7 part # 108559 MSRP $69.00
    *** fits serial # 07020275 and after ***
    If it is a lower (or starts with 06) serial # then above you need this one
    Kit, 54" XR-7 Air Control Part # 107639 MSRP $92.00

Also make sure you are running Gator or mulching blades.

7. L.A. stumpjumper

I order the mulching blades yesterday, they should be in today or tommorow. Will let you know if they help.

8. L.A. stumpjumper

I put the mulching blades on this afternoon and the blow out was as bad or worse than with standard blades. Are they going to make an air containment kit for the fastrak. If not, I guess if I want to mulch I'll have to wear a dust suit and a SCBA.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not aware of a blow out kit / containment kit, but I will ask to see if there are any plans for one.