1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Kits

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by djp, Jan 26, 2004.

1. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

If you have a pistol grip scamper HG then there is no kit available. If you have a loop handle or a plain pistol grip scamper then there is a mulch plate available. The mulch plate is just a cover for the discharge chute. I hope this answers your question. If this does not answer your question, please get back to me.

Many Thanks,
  2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok, what about a gateway mower? Does it have a mulch kit?
  3. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Yes there is a mulch plate for the Gateway. The part number is D17010A. I hope this helps.

4. chuskey

chuskey LawnSite Member
    from NC

Does the mulch kit not have any added baffels? It looks like if it simply blocks the discharge then all of the clipplings will be pushed to that side of the deck. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm fairly interested in the Gateway model though, does it offer the other kind of handles or just the pistol grips? Also what is the retail price? Thanks.
  5. James Froh

James Froh LawnSite Member

The plate is all that is offered. We have many that use them and donot seem to have the bunching up of grass, unless it is wet and very heavy grass. It only comes in the pistol grip and as far as price goes you have to check with your local dealer. We donot set their specific prices. We make reccomendations only and sometimes they have speacil clearance sales or open house bargains.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Will baffles ever be offered on these mowers? That is extremely important. I wouldn't buy a mower that couldn't have baffles on the mulching kit.