Mulch Magic ??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 4-Leaf, Nov 22, 2003.

1. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

Anyone ever use this stuff ??
    What were your results ??
    Does it come out nice or is it a waste of $$ ??
    Thanks for the input.

2. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used it on my own house with great success. I put the product in a pump sprayer and sprayed the entire mulch bed. Usually I will let it dry and then rake the mulch over and hit it again. Good reddish brown color no odor. I think it is a great way to reuse mulch that has been bleached out after the summer sun gets to it. Spray the old mulch and put new stuff down, or try to sell the customer on rejuvinating there own mulch at a fraction of the cost for new stuff. I do not have any pricing on selling it to customers but If there is enough existing mulch, I think most customers would jump at a price 1/2 the cost of all new mulch. It would also be quicker and less labor intensive for you.

3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I think it is a product to use especailly when everything need to look flawless. it last about three months per application. mark up 30% then your typical labor charges.
    I like FLC Dave idea to turn everything over I'll try that.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

web adress?

5. mownlawns

mownlawns LawnSite Member

I purchased this product last year through A.M. Leonard and I have to say that it worked great. I used it first on my property and was impressed.

I then used it on the properties of some residential customers. All of them liked the tinting and it lasted even longer than expected (even after extremely wet weather). No complaints at all.:D

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is the product. Click image for link.

[​IMG]

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I wanted to bring this back to the top.

Which colors did you guys use? I wish they had black.

For those that sold the service to customers, how did you go about pricing it? For that matter, how did you go about selling them on the idea?
    I'm thinking maybe do a small sample area for them to see? If they don't like it, just turn the mulch to bury it. And if they do like it, and agree to the price, do the job then and there.

I like the idea. I like it for the people that are too cheap to apply new mulch each year. At least this way I can make $omething on the mulch beds.

And I like it for the people that are picky and want that NEW look to hold them over between yearly mulch installations. So you could potentially get a mulch install in spring, then a Mulch Magic application in mid-late summer to hold them over until the following spring. More money for you and they're happy.

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Im also wondering about this product and the results.

We have a supplier that dyes their mulches in black, red, and natural brown. I may start using the brown and black, the brown looks exactly like natural mulch, and guaranteed to keep its color atleast 6 months.