1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch mcahine

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JGroverCU, Dec 10, 2006.

1. JGroverCU

JGroverCU LawnSite Member

I am thinking about getting into the much business, Can any of you tell me what the machines that make mulch are called. I would like to find out some pricing and all. I also want to get some of your expertise on where the wood comes from that is used for mulch. Please let me know any information that you can offer.
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Machine to make mulch = tub grinder.
  3. LemkeLawns

LemkeLawns LawnSite Member

I know the local logging companies around here have enourmus amounts of waste. Mostly hard wood
  4. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

Mulch is usually made with a tub grinder. They usually start around $500-$600,000 dollars, not including the semi to pull them.
  5. Haulin' Grass

Haulin' Grass LawnSite Member
    from CT

Equipment trader has some small ones for under $50k. You'll need to get the coloring set up to. They usaully attach to the side of grinder. Most bark mulch is double ground so you'll need two to be efficent and don't forget the loader to move it around. Not to pop your bubble but I've checked into this already. Then the land to do this also. I'm seriously checking out opening up a green recycle outfit but money and land is stopping me. Good luck