Mulch moving

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by DISTURBEDSMR, Apr 12, 2008.

1. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

Anyone have any ingenius easy ways to move mulch besides the obvious wheelbarrow.

2. GFTC

GFTC LawnSite Member

ATV and utility trailer. Holds more than a wheelbarrow, doesn't get tired, won't call in, and doesn't require WC. :)

3. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Peterson Express Blower.:)

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the atv is a good idea if you have one, heck, you could probably use a heavy ztr to pull a cart around, well, maybe not, but worth a try.

5. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q LawnSite Senior Member

i have thought about using my ztr and attaching a yard cart. I would think it would handle it? what about the jrco bucket that sits on top of the mower. I believe its 7.5 cu ft. anyone use that?

6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

If its a flat property, no gates or anything, I use my tractor with the loader. Makes it go so fast. Right now I have one mulch job with a gate that will go pretty slow and its about 12 yards of mulch. And another on flat land that I will use the loader for, makes it go real fast.

Someday I'll have a toro dingo, but I just cannot get over the price. They cost almost as much as a real skid steer.

7. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

12 yards thats easy I am talking 40 yards. I have called the local blown in mulch guys around here no response.One his phone number on his web site says its disconnected.

8. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on the site. I have the benifits of having a Dingo, down side is the bucket (larger one) is still small, if your not careful you can scratch the pavement, must have area large enough to dump mulch & in my case I have a dump traler so it requires multiple trips, as the dingo is so heavy I don't have ramps to put it in a truck. Somtimes its just as fast with the 10 ft wheelbarrel.

9. mzgloves20

mzgloves20 LawnSite Member

I have a Kawasaki Mule with a dump bed. Its' great. Have had to resort to loading and sliding a large tarp in some hard to get to areas where the 'ol wheel barrow isn't hauling enough...

10. hardscaper

hardscaper LawnSite Member
    from us

In tight areas <36" we use these.[​IMG]