Mulch! Mulch! and more Mulch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Apr 4, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

Hello I am just wondering if you paid 26.00 per yard of that crappy red dyed mulch deliverd! How much would you charge the customer installed? Thank you i am just trying to get a better feel for the pricing on mulching since i have not done very much before! I don't want to be a lowballer!!! Or scrub Thanks Cory

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

There are so many variables when mulching that i dont have a set "price per yard installed". Generally if I pay 26 a yard and i edge the beds and do light weeding Id charge 70-90 a yrad depending on how many yards you use. If there is alot of weeding and prep charge more!

3. grade

grade LawnSite Member
    from MA

material,labor,pickup and delivery all separate charges

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I charge per job and don't spec per yard or man hour rates if possible. Dave g

5. Factor in such things as degree of difficulty. Logistics, as in are you running a wheel barrow/cart up and down slopey terrain and perhaps long distances. This kind of stuff can really make the 'simple' task of mulching more of a challenge! So don't be shy to charge extra $50-$100 or more on top of going rate. Your legs will thank you.

Aloha,

P.Y.S.

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

if you have 2 yards (example) of the red it should take you about 1 hour or 1.5 hours at most flying solo. i would say around $50 or more would be a good price but i would probably have to ask more. that is to install, mulch price not included.

7. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

We charge a flat rate of $60per yd!! No lower No higher(unless it is specialty mulch or something like that)
    Just my 0.2