Mulch Mule?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Tracik801, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Tracik801

Tracik801 LawnSite Member

Hello - I am a co-owner in an all female landscaping company. I am contemplating purchasing a Mulch Mule. Any thoughts, suggestions, what are the benefits?

2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking into the mulch mule....at $49000.00 that turned me away.

3. Tracik801

Is there anything else out there like it that doesn't cost as much? From what I have seen the cost pays for itself?

4. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

still got to wheel barrow it . get a finn bark blower

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a hell of a down payment on a nice house...

6. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well if you do ALOT of mulch jobs and can justify making such a big purchase, then yeah it will pay for itself pretty quickly. I would love to get something like this but on a smaller scale, wish they made one that held like 10 yards at most, just something to make life easier for us smaller guys and make more profit based on time.

7. Tracik801

I was looking at the mini mule, it's about 36000 and does 15 yards.

8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

the mulch mule online says that its a greater investment and lower cost then a mulch blower. IMO I would take a Finn mulch blower any day instead of one of those.

9. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

Mulch mules are more expensive than Finn Bark Blowers. We have a trailer mounted bark blower. Three guys can easily lay about 60 yds. of mulch in one days time. I wouldn't even consider a mule since we got the blower.

10. Tracik801

From what I have heard and read the Finn Blower requires a lot more maintenance? Is that not true?