1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mulch mule

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cfrymow, Feb 25, 2008.

1. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I think it's absolutely ********. If your gonna spend money like that, buy a mulch blower. :hammerhead:
  3. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

Good point But most people in this area don't like the blowers because it blows on the house and in the shrubs and a lot of my clients have delicate plants and very full beds were you have to spreed by hand.
  4. EgansCountryGardens

EgansCountryGardens LawnSite Member

I agree, I saw it at a trade show, and it is ******** for the money. All it is, is a big trailer with a conveyer belt at the bottom that loads your wheelbarrows at one end. Your better off mouning a 2 yard sander on a flat trailer, filling it with mulch, taking the spinner off, and parking your wheelbarrow under it. (if that would work, probably not, but its the same stupid idea as the mulch mule.)

I have a "mulch mule" and his name is Jose!

SILVERSTREAK INC LawnSite Senior Member

i wasnt gonna say anything but i agree, for 50k you could have a finn 302 plus a new dump trailer plus a truckloader leaf sucker

the mulch blower on idle isnt that bad on dust

and i reallly doubt youre gonna make your 50k back before it breaks or wears out......it only has 1 year warrenty and if a tire on a rim costs 600 bucks, then imagine what repair work is gonna cost!

but if it was given to me, then i might find myself using it..
  6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i will be back...... with an idea, i dont feel like typing now
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

FLOL you did see the prices did you?!

Because if you didn't, you should.
    It has an effect.
  8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I looked at one last year and IMO wayyyy toooo PRICEY! A nice couple year old 1 ton and a handfull of employee's would be a hell of a lot cheaper. Maybe if it were in the 15k range then maybe worth it imo.
  9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

two years back i met the owner of Mulch Mule and boy does he think that machine is the whip. He has a landscape company in Ohio and all his croney that work for him were trying to tell us how great it was. Even if i had a extra 50 grand sitting around it would be the last thing i would buy
  10. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

Me too!! and another named Salvador, Luis, etc etc etc