mulch on demand attachment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drivefaster35, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a John deere 757 and I'd like to put a mulch on demand type attachment is there any way to add this without adding a whole new deck possibly something that just blocks the grass at the chut for around cars and what not same thing for a couple walk behinds to and suggestions or web site? I'd apprciate it :usflag:

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Thats a good question but I dont think it could be done without changing the deck or serious modifications. Im someone on here with a lot more mechanical knowledge than me can give you the low down though.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

When I asked about MOD earlier this Spring, I was told it is ONLY available for a 60" mowing deck. You don't mention your deck size, but it is probably 60". Having seen one a year ago, but not looking closely at it, I would be quite sure a change would mean a complete deck replacement. The deck has penetrations for the levers, and the baffles under the deck are different than a standard deck. Each chamber has its own moving baffles. MOD is not merely closing off the discharge chute.

I didn't look too closely because I would not be interested in a 60" deck, although the idea is appealing to me for use on properties I mow.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

You can add an OCDC to keep the grass off cars, and out of beds. It is not a true mulcher but is a real time saver. I'm sure no major mods are needed for the 7iron deck. You would have to swap decks for the mulch on demand system.

5. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

what is an OCDC though? might be a stupid question I'm not exactly lookin for the MOD just something to block the chut when I'm around cars and stuff

6. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

its welded tube-iron to the deck near the discharge chute, supporting right hand lever and alloy threaded rods that controls a discharge chute's perforated steel door assembly. (inside red lines)

DIXIE CHOPPER OCDC.JPG

7. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

awseom where could I get something like that

8. tfosterjr

tfosterjr LawnSite Member

9. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

10. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

What do those chains do on the back of the Super Z?