Mulch price per yd installed

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by tjcezar, Jan 19, 2006.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

What are you guys getting getting per yard of say doubleground hardwood mulch installed. i know it will change for quantity differences so say 1-5 5-20. Also what are looking at for installs of over 100yds. I am putting together a bid for approx 150 cu yds to be installed on some pretty steep banks. Should be pretty easy though because most banks we can dump right over the edge and we also have a nice new kubota loader to assist. Usually when I am doing an install of 3yds or so I am Charging about 50- 65 per yard installed.

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Where in PA are you located? The price is going to be different where ever you go. Get a business plan together before you start spending or charging too much or too little.

3. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

no doubt the price will be different but the percentage between what you get for 5 yds and what you get for 100yds would be basically the same. Thats what I'm looking for, the percentage of discount for the quantity difference.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

There is a huge % difference in an amount of 5 yards and 100 yards. I have purchased trailer loads (60 yards a clip) for as little as $8.00 a yard delivered for double ground mulch. A 10 yard dump truck load last year I was paying $16 a yard delivered.

We charge $75 a yard installed with bed edging and prep extra btw.

5. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

best price I got anywhere for trailer load or 60+ yards is $15 p yd delivered.

Hey rod father are you telling me that you would charge $75 X 150yds=$11250. You couldn't get to much work around here at those prices. now if thats what you get per yard for say 3yds I could understand that.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

actually I did a 300 yard job 2 years ago for $65 a yard installed at someone's home

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

it really depends on the area a co i used to work only charge $35 yard installed , i know thats insane but that was commercial . imy self on the other charge any where between $50 - $80 a yard installed .

8. tractrpowr45

tractrpowr45 LawnSite Member
    from NY

Wow, where could you put 300 yards of mulch around someone's house?
    Just curious to know.:waving:

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Jeez 300 yards man that is huge i think we were at 30 yards 1. :confused:

10. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

so at those numbers you made about $17,100.00 for that 300 yd install. Not too bad. I'd love to get that guys address!