Mulch Price Rising?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by midwest, Mar 25, 2006.

1. midwest

midwest LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

What is everbody paying for double ground oak bark mulch?(Missouri/ midwest) My prices went up $2 from last year.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm paying $16.50 a cubic yard

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am paying $13 per yard, up from $9 two years ago.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy large quantities at a time to store on site. My supplier called me Friday and said the cost per yard will be increasing in the near future. He didn't have an approximate $ figure yet but said he didn't expect it to be significant.
    Right now I pay $10 per yard for double ground hardwood, my most popular mulch.

5. echovalley

echovalley LawnSite Member
    from CT

We are paying $28 per yard for colored mulch,$32 for cedar and $40 for premium hemlock blend

6. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

17.50 a yard here by the tractor trailer load, Pine/spruce/hardwood barkmulch.:cool2:

7. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

12.50 per yard Here

8. midwest

midwest LawnSite Member
    from MIDWEST

i WISH i KNEW HOW YOU GUYS GOT IT SO CHEAP. I'm with planet, I get it for the same price . The problem I have is that I don't get the trailer load price if I pick it up in 8 loads. They always tell me you have to get it all at once. Going to try to talk to the management and see what they can do. Where do you guys live getting this so cheap. How much do you buy green pro to get it that price?

9. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

I Found This Place In Connecticut Called "ecr" In Danielson That Will Deliver To Me In Oldsaybrook For $20 Per Yd In A 100 Yd Walking Floor ,there Material Is Very Nice And I Have Been Upto There Facility And It Was Top Shelf So Im Thinkin About Giving Them A Try.they Have A Nice Selection Of Material Too Choose From..

10. TreemanB

TreemanB LawnSite Member

I have double ground hardwood mulch in Des Moines for $8.00/yard. Interested?....cal me. Tim Bennett 515-276-5528