mulch prices

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cos, Aug 28, 2000.

1. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Just wondering how much everyone pays for mulch...? I personally pay $22 a yard and think that is very high for someone in the trade to pay. And I do believe that it is far cheaper to buy it cheaper right across the bridge in NJ.

2. EarthWorks

EarthWorks LawnSite Member

Think the last time I figured 7.50 per yard for hardwood mulch by the semi truck load. I have it hauled in and it is there when i need it. Yes it does carry some overhead with it though.

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in New Jersey and pay 21.00 per yard, retail is 25.00 per yard. I know of a couple places to get it for 10.00 a yard but I have and account with the nursery that right in my town so theres barley any travel time.

4. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Jersey too. I pay 14-18 per yd for triple ground mulch that is real dark.

5. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

here in Ohio it's $25 for the public, $22.50 for landscapers, which I think is pathetic, for all the biz we give them.

6. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Bulk mulch (various kinds)here in Texas is $14.50 to $28.00 per yd. Installed price is $34.00 per yd + delivery fee. Bagged mulch is $1.80 my cost and retails for $3.75 per 3cu ft bag.
    If your rich then you get cypress mulch at a whopping $4.25 a bag retail with no discount for landscapers.

7. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

$12/yard

or

$825 for 100 yard load.

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Triple ground Dark

$18 a yard for up to 50 yards

$16 a yard for 50+ yards.

Its usually cheaper in bulk, so it helps if you have the equipment and a place to store a big load fro the season. You can save a lot of money if you have the equipment to handle it through the season. (which not to many people do)

9. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

$10/yd, less if you spend big money with them over the year

10. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

$16.50 picked up. $18.50 retail picked up