1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

mulch prices!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by DamicosLandscaping, May 27, 2004.

1. DamicosLandscaping

DamicosLandscaping LawnSite Member

i do all mulch jobs for $90 even... you guys think thats fair?

2. DamicosLandscaping

thats per yard installed

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds a little high to me but there are a lot of factors to determine in. We get $55 per yard installed here. What all are you doing... just laying the mulch? How much does the mulch cost, are you also edging?

4. DamicosLandscaping

yes i edge and weed, i pay about 20-40 dollars per yard depending on with kind... but whatever its still being installed for $90

5. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you edge that sounds right. We don't include edging in our price. Also, we are only paying $10 per yard.

6. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

So you are charging $90/cy for hardwood, and the same $90/cy for cedar, cypress, dyed, etc? Or did I read that wrong?

For double processed hardwood, we usually charge $55/cy installed, bed prep NOT included (edging, weeding...). That is added on to the quote because not all installs require edging or weeding. I don't think you can put a standard rate on that type of work, it varies too much IMO. Like saying all yards $25.