mulch pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wrm, Mar 19, 2007.

1. wrm

wrm LawnSite Member

rookie question again, I see where the average charge for mulch is 70 a yard.
    but is that including edging the bed, removing some of the old mulch etc?
    If a apartment complex had about 50 yards worth, how much to charge
    involving everything with mulch, including a possible 2nd layer later in the year? Thanks, you guys have already been a great help!
    Clean Cut Lawncare
    small company, BIG RESULTS

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

50 yards. no bed edging. 2500..... bed edging add time labor and dump fees. I would sub contract it out and make 1000. They charge me 30 installed over 10 yards on mulch. 50 yards would cost me 1500.

3. garrettlawn

garrettlawn LawnSite Member

mulching is simply that just mulching. If there is major bed clean out that needs to be done we will make sure the customer knows that and she will be charged for it. Also edging is seperate and we let our customers know that when they ask for a price on mulch they get a price on mulch. Now 50 yards we would simply deliver and lay for .. probably 2500 for our yearly mowing customers and 3000 for someone who just calls wanting a price. Clean out and edging would be seperate. And make sure that when you put a second layer on later they know that will be extra $$$$$

4. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

$2,750 for reg. customer, delivered, spread. $3,250 for 1 time shot.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

eh, For a client I would do it fo $2500. Non regular client would be around $3000.

6. wrm

wrm LawnSite Member

thanks guys for the input