1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mulch pricing

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Halford 1, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Halford 1

Halford 1 LawnSite Member

I'm just wondering how much you charge per yard for hardwood mulch. My purchase price is $15.75 per yard.
  2. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

do a forum search on mulch pricing, there was a fairly recent thread about this. but if i remember right the consensus was in the 70-ish ball park
  3. BPL3279

BPL3279 LawnSite Member

We charge $120 per yard to install mulch, but that includes light weeding, edging and trimming shrubs in bed. Last year was $100 per yard. This is the going rate in Pgh. PA
  4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

$70/yd for pine, $75 for black or hemlock. Edging and weeding is extra. I charge extra if the beds are tight with flowers, rather than just shrubs here and there.
  5. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

$60.00 a yard installed that is mulch and labor
    Edging and weeding is extra as well as the extra for bed full of flowers (tight areas)
  6. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I must be doing it wrong. I believe $27 is the cheapest price i can purchase mulch and that is discounted at the largest nursery in our area. It does sound like $60 to $70 per yrd would be about right though. I have been charging per man hour, but that sounds like a better way to do it.
  7. Braveheart

Braveheart LawnSite Member

$6 per bag to install - we buy it from home depot for $1.87 a bag.

averaging about 1000 bags a month
  8. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds about right.