1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch Pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cutting it close, Apr 24, 2010.

1. cutting it close

cutting it close LawnSite Member

Hey guys from long island New York and have a question on mulch pricing..I got a price from a nursery for mulch my customer wanted red mulch and the nursery wanted $25 a yard. I told my customer $55 a yard and that included the mulch and my labor of application ..... Is this to high, because he is bitching about the price which is $700 and some change for 13 yards of mulch and edge cutting and application... Feed back from Long Island New York and any others..Thanks
  2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

That's a very fair price!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. cutting it close

Apparently he got quoted $300 and change from a guy. Now thinking about the contractor is barely covering cost of the mulch, bc from what I am told red and black is more expensive. WTF??? Why do contractor quote ridc low prices?? Honestly, this my first season and this is a downer!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

He's full of **** and trying to sucker a new guy into saying " oh yeah I can match that" walk from it!!!! No way is anyone doing it for 300. Stick to your price or don't do it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. cutting it close

Thank you. Your comment made me feel better. He is going with other compnay I wouldn't budge on proce my price is fair I feel and my work is worth every bit of it. I hope for his sac ots worth the cheaper price. Douch bag low ballers.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

$100- $140 a yard of mulch installed, bed edging and cleaning is additional. my 2 cents.
  7. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, let them run themselves out of business, I'm sure it won't take long :)

Keep your prices fair, and charge what you need too.
  8. Lawn RX 10

Lawn RX 10 LawnSite Member

Oh deer! See this is what im most afraid of....starting in 10 months and already am starting to thin about walking that thin line of not bidding to low but not too high too! As i start im sure i wil go low i ust wnat work! How has your experince been so far being a new guy???? Just doing mostly lawn mowing? Many custmors? Use flyers? Very interested about the new guy! As i will be one soon.
  9. minix

minix LawnSite Senior Member

WOW I get $65 a yard and some people just look at me like a deer in head lights.
  10. Pennings Gardens

Pennings Gardens LawnSite Member

$80 a yard installed, 3 yard minimum. that is pretty much average around here