Mulch Pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Joe25, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Joe25

Joe25 LawnSite Member

I have a question what would you charge to spread 20 yards of mulch ? All beds are edged and cleaned out just need to install the mulch. I am getting mulch for 22 a yard (brown dyed mulch). Thanks for the help.
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

----> Canned statement----> Do a search for tons of info on this......

In the mean time.....I charge $66 per yard...includes material and labor. But if there are long distances involved, or other out of the ordinary situations....I charge more.........Also I am a solo operator.

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would charge $1100 for the whole job. I get $55/yd of mulch here. I only pay $10/yd for the mulch I generally use though.
  4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

My prices are very close to dmontgomery...
  5. Markee

Markee LawnSite Member

I'm also new in the business, but those prices just won't fly down here in Florida. My residential customers would laugh in my face. I charge half that price about $25 or $30 per yard. Know if it needs to be edged I charge a bit more. Just my two cents.

Markee lawn
  6. Joe25

Joe25 LawnSite Member

ECM, thanks for the information I submitted a bid and the customer thought I was high. I am not worrying about it though, I have plenty of other jobs to take care of. Anyway it seems no matter who you talk to mulch prices really vary. Thanks again for the information.