Mulch Question

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Leisure Time Lawn Care, May 13, 2007.

1. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have one of my lawn accounts that needs 10 yards of mulch installed. I am going to have it delivered to the house and me and 2 workers are going to install. How much should I charge???? How long should it take with 3 guys. Should I charge an hourly rate or a fixed price?? Any help would be great.

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

$800 and up on price this is for labor.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

brown side up

4. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

800 plus the price of the mulch

5. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Usually the going rate for this type of work is around 45-65 per yard installed, thats including the labor. Now if there is alot of prep work then that's separate labor. 800 for 10 yards thats 80.00 per yard. Then are you charging also for delivery? And on top of that your charging for the price of the mulch..gezz I am no expert in this area but to me that's way high. But, guess its better to be way high then way low! Good Luck

with 3 guys this should not take much longer then a few hours. Myself and one other can put down 7 yards of including some small prep in about 4-5 hours.

6. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Your prices are crazy. Average is about $60 a yard, installed. Fixed price. -Unless, of course it's on some steep hillside and it needs to be hauled in buckets or hand placed. 95% of mulch jobs are re-mulching on your basic landscape. 3 guys can do 10 yards in about 2-1/2 hours.

7. anthonyr

anthonyr LawnSite Member

Exactly - I can do 10 yards by myself in a few hours, depending on where your spreading, how far you have to wheel barrow it in etc..., but with a few guy's, I don't think it would take more than 2 hours.

8. sandman23

sandman23 LawnSite Member
    from GA

My price would be $810.00. It should not take more that 4 hours with a 3 man crew. Should only take 3 hours.

Material - $370.00
    Labor - $112.00 (2 helpers)
    Profit - $328.00 (minus operating expenses of course)

9. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i have a question, why is a mulch pricing thread in the hardscaping forum?:confused:

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well crazy or not price it high with running help and fuel i don't bend on price to no one,do you have to haul the mulch very far with fuel prices here @ 3 a gallon not much profit left.