1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulch rates in ne ohio

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jlr grounds care llc, Feb 23, 2010.

1. jlr grounds care llc

jlr grounds care llc LawnSite Member

What are members mulch installed per yard rate in ne ohio
  2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

im sure people are real excited to tell there competitor what they are charging
  3. glaciator

glaciator LawnSite Member

It's not always about price. It's about service and value. $100/yd for the good stuff here in CO.
  4. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am at 45 a yard here In Northeast Ohio, I am planning on going up to 65 for new customers and staying at 45 maybe bump up to 50 for existing customers....price avgs 18-21 for xx ground brown and 25-28 xx ground dyed mulch from my suppliers...i know of some in the area that get between 75 and 100 per/yard spread if the job is commercial and large enough quantity
  5. gardiner

gardiner LawnSite Member

i same as you and was thinking bout a little bump also .Thumbs Up
  6. JBlawn

JBlawn LawnSite Member
    from ohio

im in cincinnati ohio and i dont see how you only charge 45 a yard. im anywhere from 85-110 a yard depending on how much you have to do by hand.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i get anywere from 65-105 a yard and im right in the same area as you are lewislawn, you need to raise your prices. 45per yard installed- 20(product)=25-8(taxes)=17-10(direct employee wages)=7-3.50(indirect employee costs)= 3.50 for about a half hour of work. not counting any overhead witch could put you into the red.
  8. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

we start at 65 and go up from their
  9. gardiner

gardiner LawnSite Member

we working the same area . i think it good that we get to discuss . what the going rate is .i did not realize i was shorting myself by 20$ a yard .