Mulch (recycle) kits & blades. Advice?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowerMoney, May 1, 2005.

1. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a recycling kit (plug and baffle) for my Ztr but mulching blades were not included with the kit. The dealer that I got the kit from, who deals mostly with homeowner mowers, said that he has never supplied these kits for anyone before, so he was not very helpful about the blades. I asked him if the regular blades would work well for mulching? He thought they should. ?????

My question to you guys with more experience is, Will the regular blades work OK? Or are the mulching blades that much better? I don't want to go through the trouble of installing the kit if mulching blades are that critical. As I don't have a lift for the Ztr, doing these changes is difficult and I would prefer to do all the changes at one time. Thanks for any advice.

2. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I am also curious about whether running doubles helps or hurts the performance?

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

It helps a little but your mower will sound like a helicopter and it will take a little power away.

I talked to my dealer the other day about buying baffles and mulch kits and all that stuff and he told me he thinks they are worthless.